Snap Your Doubts Away. We have provided answers to some frequently asked questions about our photography services
- Do you deliver every image you shoot?
- Does your studio provide videography services?
- Which photographer will be shooting my wedding?
- Do you provide partial day coverage?
- Do you shoot in JPEG, Small Raw, or Large Raw?
- Does your studio do Headshots, Individual Portraits, Family Portraits, Newborn Shoots, or Product Photography?
- What if our ceremony is in a different language?
- Not necessarily. For event photography, several shots may be taken to capture a specific scene or action and only the relevant ones will be provided to the client. However, except for the first few test shots and repeats, most of the planned studio shots are provided to the client.
- We do not provide videography services, but we have partners to recommend if requested.
- Typically, we have 2 photographers and an assistant for weddings. However, if you need a specific photographer from Fordpic, we shall advise if that is the appropriate one. We usually make decisions based on personality, availability, language and/or culture (if specifically required) and your referral. For example, if Musa shot a wedding of a friend who referred you to us, he would most likely be the one to meet with you.
- Yes, for weddings we do have coverage for a minimum of 3 hours. Note: this includes the moving, preparation and return to Fordpic studio. The actual event photoshoot should be not more than 2 and a half hours.
- We shoot in raw (small and large)
- Yes, we do all the above. Our experience spans over 15 years in many fields of photography. Feel free to contact us
- Our photographers speak many different languages apart from English and French. Some speak Spanish, Arabic, and others. However, we have also covered many weddings in which we do not speak the primary language of the ceremony. We approach these weddings with research, understanding the traditions and culture of the wedding. We also have talk-through meetings with our couples before the wedding to ensure we are aware of the major moments. If necessary, we request clients to identify a coordinator to work with during the wedding. Designated as Fordpic Temporary Assistant, we offer an hourly remuneration for the job.
Style and quality questions
- What is your philosophy regarding photography?
- What is your photography style?
- My venue is very dark. How does your studio handle these situations, and can I see samples?
- Is there style or quality differences among the master photographers?
- Our wedding or other event photography is based on tale-telling. It is a story that the pictures tell. We train our photographers in creative imagination to focus on glare or gloom (if required) in the story and bring out the uniqueness of the event. Patterns, symmetry, huge close-ups, chiaroscuro, Rembrandt lighting, behind curtains shots that punctuate the story and little unplanned scenes of seemingly insignificant nature to create a special album or photobook that one keeps wishing to look at.
- Fordpic style is derived from Henry Ford’s background as a journalist, fine artist, creative design teacher, and feature creator. We like creating dynamic stories based on lines, curves, unique perspectives, or symmetry with light manipulation. The whole purpose is to keep the eye on the photo the way you look at Da Vinci’s famous Monalisa. My customers have credited me for creating those unique images with an artist’s touch, and the ability to explore some seemingly insignificant objects or subjects that punctuate the story to give it more meaning.
- Over 10 years in photojournalism has taught us that a story can be at any time of day or night with full light or almost total darkness. Our professional cameras have the capacity to capture details of pictures with low apertures even for high-motion subjects. We have shot photos in chapels, churches, and shrines where flash photography is not allowed. Candlelight dinners and disco dances, and meditation sessions are shot with no extra flashlight added. Here are photos in the dark with no extra light (see here)
- Not really. We emphasize that all our photographers use the same unique style. All Fordpic photoshoot work is reviewed by our editorial team to ensure quality and professionalism that is consistent with our brand. However, under some special circumstances, our clients may require different styles to suit their needs.
- Do you touch up all the images on our image download?
- Yes we do. All images go through our signature post-production which involves color correction, exposure adjustment, clarity adjustments, tone-balancing, and other corrections.
- We have advanced postproduction that entails specific editing like removal of blemishes, removal of bags under the eyes, removal of fly-away hairs, etc. This is usually done on request and requires an extra fee which we charge per hour based on the complexity of the image.
- How many hours do you suggest we set aside for wedding day photos?
- I have downtime between events on my wedding day. Will I be charged for that downtime?
- What happens if we go over the contracted amount of time?
- Why do we need to charge for additional coverage?
- Weddings are unique, but the traditional wedding entails the actual ceremony and reception. All the other photos are aimed at creating a comprehensive story that covers a full day of activities. Preparations for the wedding include dressing of the bride and bridegroom, a few remarks to friends and relatives by the couple, entry into the wedding venue, the actual wedding ceremony, a photo session of the group and newlyweds, reception, and the after-wedding party. All these often range between 4 and 8 hours.
- Due to several reasons including the need to ensure continuity, and canceling other photoshoot projects so we can focus on your event, we often have to charge for that time. Oftentimes, during the planning of the event, we schedule some other photoshoot sessions to complete our story of the event.
- Normally, we specify the time of such an eventuality in the proposal. It is understandable and happens many times that the planned time is not necessarily followed to the minute. There is usually a reasonable flexibility in fractions of an hour. What we usually do is to notify you that time is up, and that if you wish to have an extension, the fee that shall have been included in the proposal is going to be invoiced after the function.
- We pay our photography teams in hours, and equipment used incurs charges when outside of the studio storage. It is for that reason that additional coverage is charged.
Image download questions and legal questions
- What rights do I have to the digital prints?
- Do you provide the RAW files from my engagement session and wedding day?
- How many images do you deliver on the image download?
- What if I lose my images?
- As stipulated in the Canada Copyright Law, the photographer is the author and therefore the first owner. You have the right to reprint images whenever you want. However, you may not sell your images for profit or publish your images without the written consent of Fordpic Photo.
- We normally provide a full-resolution package of images. We typically do not provide RAW files from our shoots because we believe in delivering a finished product. However, if requested, we may provide our RAW images along with our post-produced JPG files for an additional fee and restrictions.
- We typically deliver between 120 and 180 images for a 3-hour session or 60 images per hour of coverage for events like a wedding.
- You may get the images free for the first 6 months. However, after 6 months all images are archived and retrieving them would cost $100.
- What type of camera/equipment do you use?
- We use modern digital equipment for photography. We have DSLR and mirrorless cameras with over 2 dozen lenses for specific projects ranging from events to product photography. All our photography paraphernalia is ranked top with brands like Sony, Nikon, Canon, Godox, etc.